Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Black, white, and pink all over

We love black and white combined with pale pinks. Powdery pink anemones are perfect all by themselves, tied with a simple black and white polka dot ribbon in a bouquet and bunched together in a low black vase. I'm sure black fondant wedding cake sounds a little dreary, but call it "onyx" like one of our favorite cake designers, April Reed, does and trim it with silvery pink mokuba ribbon and no one will mistake it for a Halloween cake. The place setting here is one of our favorites: the black and white polka dot ribbon around the napkin looks casual, but the lacy tablecloth adds a little fanciness.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
{Clockwise, L to R: bouquet by Artfool; cake by April Reed; table setting from Brides; centerpiece from Vine Floral Design}

2 comments:

Lucky Designs said...

Great combination. I am a big fan of black and white (my husband and I used it for our wedding)!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Anemones are my favourite flowers. Too bad they are out of season right now. I think the last ones come at the end of April.