Friday, June 1, 2007

The Bee's Knees Lanterns

Faye and I loved these hanging chinese lanterns in the Winter 2007 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings (although they are easier to see in the magazine!):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
{photo from Martha Stewart Weddings}

They listed Dean & Deluca in the resource section, but of course when I called they had no idea what I was talking about and forwarded me to different stores all over New York City. So after about an hour of that, I gave up on my beautiful chinese lanterns. Then a few weeks later, Mackenzie blogged about these lanterns from Graham & Green:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
{photo from Graham & Green, via Something Old, Something New}

I was really excited until I realized that this company was based out of the UK and, with the exchange rate, even the smallest lantern was $24.72, so I gave up again. But I am happy to say that today I found these "the bee's knees" lanterns at Anthropologie AND they are only $15 each- look how pretty!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
{L: photo from The Knot; R: photo from Anthropologie}

Pearl River Mart online also sells similar wire lanterns for $19.50 each.

No comments: